Share On Social!
We want to see a United States that achieves health equity, where all people have a fair, just opportunity to live their healthiest lives.
But so many people face social, environmental, and health injustices.
So let’s use #SaludTues on Tuesday, March 17, 2020, to discuss the state of social justice and offer strategies on how we can all work together to achieve health equity for all!
- WHAT: #SaludTues Tweetchat: Strategies for Social Justice and Health Equity
- TIME/DATE: 1-2 p.m. ET (Noon-1 p.m. CT), Tuesday, March 17, 2020
- WHERE: On Twitter with hashtag #SaludTues
- HOST: @SaludAmerica
- CO-HOSTS: The Association of American Medical Colleges (@AAMCtoday), Dr. Karey Sutton (@DR_KMSutton), Dr. Philip M. Alberti (@PM_Alberti)
- HASHTAG: #SaludTues
- OPTIONAL HASHTAGS: #SocialJustice, #HealthEquity
We’ll open the floor to your comments, tips, and stories as we explore:
- What health equity and social justice mean
- The state of health equity and social justice
- Barriers to equity and justice, especially for immigrants
- Strategies to overcome these barriers
- Heroes and resources who are leading change
Be sure to use the hashtag #SaludTues to follow the conversation on Twitter and share your strategies, stories, and resources to explore how to promote social justice and health equity!
#SaludTues is a health equity tweetchat especially focused on the Latino population at 12p CT/1p ET every Tuesday hosted by the @SaludAmerica program at the Institute for Health Promotion Research at UT Health San Antonio.