Share On Social!
For the past year, COVID-19 has ravaged the United States.
Data continue to show that Latinos and other people of color are disproportionately affected, amid worsening historical health and social inequities.
How can we address this?
Let’s use #SaludTues on March 23, 2021, to explore health inequities facing the Latino population over the past year (and long before that), and share solutions and strategies to promote health equity amid pandemic!
- WHERE: Twitter
- WHAT: #SaludTues Tweetchat “One Year Later: How COVID-19 Is Impacting Latinos”
- WHEN: 1-2 p.m. ET (12-1 p.m. CT), Tuesday, March 23, 2021
- HOST: Salud America! at UT Health San Antonio (@SaludAmerica)
- CO-HOSTS: Latinx Voces en Salud Campaign (@VocesenSalud); Dr. Dulce María Ruelas (@DulceMariaMPH)
- SPECIAL GUESTS: UnidosUS (@WeAreUnidosUS); Mayra E. Alvarez of The Children’s Partnership and Biden’s COVID-19 Task Force (@mayraealvarez); Abriendo Puertas/Opening Doors National (@AP_OD_National); Latino Policy forum (@latinopolicy); Kristin Urquiza (@kdurquiza) of the @MarkedByCovid program; Stephanie Nina Pitsirilos, MPH (@zoehealth)
- HASHTAG: #SaludTues
We’ll open the floor to your comments, tips, and stories as we explore:
- What is the state of COVID-19 among Latinos?
- What inequities is the pandemic worsening among Latinos?
- How can healthcare, school, and community leaders help alleviate COVID-19 inequities and promote health equity?
Be sure to use the hashtag #SaludTues to follow the conversation on Twitter and share your tips, stories, and resources to explore the impact of COVID-19 on Latinos!
#SaludTues is a health equity Tweetchat especially focused on the Hispanic/Latino population at 12 p.m. CT/1 p.m. ET every Tuesday hosted by the @SaludAmerica program at the Institute for Health Promotion Research at UT Health San Antonio.