Share On Social!
Can you get a Water Bottle Fountain at your school?
Register now for our new webinar to get tools and support to help you get a Water Bottle Fountain for your school or district!
The webinar, set for 12 p.m. CST on Feb. 27, 2018, will explore why Water Bottle Fountains are good for schools and students, and provide an example of someone who has achieved this change and tools you can use to make the change happen at your school.
The webinar is the first of our new Salud America! Webinar Series on how to achieve healthy change in communities and schools.
Why Water Bottle Fountains?
Water Bottle Fountains filtered water dispensers for easily filling and refilling water bottles. They can replace or upgrade existing classic water fountains.
Water Bottle Fountains can increase students’ consumption of water and reduce consumption of sugary drinks throughout the school day. This helps promote a healthy weight and healthy mind. Water Bottle Fountains also can help save money from buying bottled water, and saves those bottles from landfills.
Webinar on Water Bottle Fountains
The webinar will explore these questions:
- Why do students need easy access to water?
- Why is an old fashioned water fountain just not enough?
- What can Water Bottle Fountains add to one’s school?
The webinar also will feature Salud America! Salud Hero and teacher Cathy Lopez will describe her personal experience in working to get a Water Bottle Fountain (also called a “hydration station”) for students and teachers at her elementary school in the South San Antonio Independent School District.
Lopez will describe how she worked with a student, her school principal, parents and other community leaders to get support and funding for the installation of a state-of-the-art Water Bottle Fountain.
Then a Salud America! coach will provide additional information on how to use our free water bottle fountain action pack to organize a similar effort at your local campus.
Future Webinars for 2018
The Salud America! Webinar Series, featuring Salud Heroes of change and tools to enable change, will occur the last week of every month.
Planned topics include:
- March: How to Mobilize Latino Youth to Be Advocates
- April: How Your School Can Get Brain Breaks
- May: How Your School Can Implement a Trauma-Informed Care Program to Reduce Absenteeism
- June: How Your Community Can Work to Address Mental Health Needs for Young Children
- July: How Your Community Can Make Farmers’ Markets Fun for Kids
- August: How to Start a School-Based Food Pantry
Registration is limited, so be sure to reserve your spot for the Water Bottle Fountain Webinar today!