Share On Social!
Did you know housing can influence your health?
Inside our homes, we need an environment free of lead, mold, smoke, and other toxins.
Outside our homes, we need access to quality medical care, transit, schools, jobs, and grocery stores.
But certain communities lack access to these types of home environments. Others struggle to afford a home or steady housing. This undermines their opportunities for a healthy life.
Let’s use #SaludTues on Tuesday, April 16, 2019, to share innovative strategies to improve access to safe, secure, affordable housing for Latino and all communities:
- WHAT: #SaludTues Tweetchat: “Strong Foundations: Why Housing Matters for Our Health”
- TIME/DATE: 1-2 p.m. ET (Noon-1 p.m. CT), Tuesday, April 16, 2019
- WHERE: On Twitter with hashtag #SaludTues
- HOST: @SaludAmerica
- CO-HOSTS: County Health Rankings (@CHRankings), NeighborWorks America (@NeighborWorks), National Fair Housing Alliance (@natfairhouse), and UnidosUS (@WeAreUnidosUS)
We’ll open the floor to your stories and experiences as we explore:
- How does housing affect health?
- What housing challenges face communities of color and other minority groups?
- What are some emerging strategies to expand people’s access to safe, affordable housing?
Be sure to use the hashtag #SaludTues to follow the conversation on Twitter and share your strategies, stories, and resources that improve housing and health for Latino and all people.
Click here to learn about the Salud America! #SaludTues tweetchats, see upcoming and past tweetchats, and see how you can get involved.