Share On Social!
Sustainable development is essentially about ecology, economy, and equity.
We cannot achieve sustainable development without multi-level partnerships at all levels.
World Breastfeeding Week 2017 is about sustaining breastfeeding together across four thematic areas:
- Nutrition, Food Security and Poverty Reduction
- Survival, Health and Wellbeing
- Environment and Climate Change
- Women’s Productivity and Employment
Breastfeeding is one conversation in getting us to think about how to value our health and wellbeing from the start of life, how to respect each other, and how to care for the world we share. Learn more about how breastfeeding is a component of sustainable development.
Together, we can attract political support, media attention, and participation of young people to widen our network of supporters.
Spread the word:
- Breastfeeding is a key component of sustainable development. @SaludAmerica #bfing #WBW2017 salud.to/2f4rmXa
- Breastfeeding > value wellbeing from birth > respect each other > care for the world we share @SaludAmerica #WBW2017 salud.to/2f4rmXa
- Breastfeeding is #foodsecurity. It can help prevent hunger, undernutrition AND obesity. @SaludAmerica #WBW2017 salud.to/2f4rmXa
- Lack of lactation services is the first food desert. @SaludAmerica #WBW2017 #breastfeeding salud.to/2f4rmXa
- Breastfeeding reduces the need for water, firewood & fossil fuels. #climatechange @SaludAmerica #WBW2017 salud.to/2f4rmXa
- Breastfeeding cuts dependence on carbon-fired energy, compared to formula production industry @SaludAmerica #WBW2017 salud.to/2f4rmXa
- Breastfeeding entails less waste & pollution than industrial formula production. @SaludAmerica #WBW2017 salud.to/2f4rmXa
- When supported by employers, breastfeeding women are more productive & loyal. @SaludAmerica #WBW2017 salud.to/2f4rmXa
- Breastfeeding contributes to mental & cognitive development. @SaludAmerica #WBW2017 salud.to/2f4rmXa