Share On Social!
TV host Karla Martinez, nutritionist Chef Lala, yoga instructor Yudy Arias, and dentist Karent Sierra are teaming with Colgate Total on a new campaign to empower Latinas to invest in healthy lifestyles, beginning with proper oral health.
For the campaign, called Simplemente Saludable (Simply Healthy), each woman will highlight ways to shake up health routines.
Karla will speak on women’s empowerment and self-help.
Karent will open up about the best oral health routine and tips for a healthier smile.
Yudy will share new at-home exercise routines.
Chef Lala will provide nutritious ways to enjoy traditional Latin cuisine.
For example, Chef Lala shared these six tips related nutrition:
- Apples are a healthy source of sweetness, but they could shake up the plaque that typically clings to gums and teeth.
- Dairy products are full of calcium and protein for strong bones and teeth.
- Calcium is used for building bones and teeth. Some vegetarians consume dairy products, which are an excellent sources of calcium. Other sources of calcium for vegetarians include calcium-fortified soymilk (soy beverage), tofu made with calcium sulfate, calcium fortified breakfast cereals and orange juice, and some dark-green leafy vegetables such as bok choy, collard, turnip, and mustard greens.
- Cooking can help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. Preparing more meals at home can help you take charge of what you’re eating and better monitor exactly what goes into your food.
- Pack fresh veggies like carrots, jicama and celery for your kid’s lunch. Dipping them in hummus is so much fun!
- To help keep teeth and gums healthy, people living with diabetes need to eat a balanced diet, control their blood glucose levels, and make oral hygiene a priority. Brush twice a day, don’t forget to floss, and have regular dental check-ups.
Follow the campaign via each of the Latinas’ social media channels, or Colgate’s bilingual Twitter account @SonrisaColgate.
“By leveraging our panel of successful Latina influencers, we will be able to shake up the health and wellness routines of Latinas nationwide in an effort to engage, educate and reinvigorate their commitment to proper oral health as well as physical and mental wellness,” said Carla Kelly, general manager of multi-cultural marketing at Colgate-Palmolive.