Share On Social!
February is American Heart Month. While awareness is important for all people, certain groups—like Latinos—are at a higher risk for heart-related diseases.
Cardiovascular diseases are the primary cause of death in the United States.
For Latinos, it is the second-leading cause of death behind cancer.
Let’s use #SaludTues on Feb. 25, 2020, to tweetchat about ways to promote heart health for Latinos and all people!
- WHAT: #SaludTues Tweetchat: “Healthy Hearts: Celebrating American Heart Month!”
- TIME/DATE: 1-2 p.m. EST Tuesday, Feb. 25, 2020
- WHERE: On Twitter with hashtag #SaludTues
- HOST: @SaludAmerica
- CO-HOSTS: The Heart Truth (@TheHeartTruth), Public Health Maps (@PublicHealthMap), U.S. Department of Health and Humans Services’ Region 2 (@HHS_HealthReg2), the U.S. Dept. of Health & Human Services’ Office of Minority Health (@MinorityHealth), the Michael & Susan Dell Center for Healthy Living (@MSDcenter).
- OPTIONAL HASHTAGS: #HeartHealthMonth, #OurHearts
We’ll open the floor to research, your experiences, stories, & best practices as we explore:
- Heart disease and work-related exposures
- Ways to prevent heart disease among Latinos and all
- The relationship between heart disease and lack of physical activity
Be sure to use the hashtag #SaludTues to follow the conversation on Twitter, and share stories and resources to promote a healthy heart!
Click here to learn about the Salud America! #SaludTues tweetchats, see upcoming and past tweetchats, and see how you can get involved.